PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Full screen youtube transparency

DragonRdr89
October 4th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I still have not been able to find any fixes to this problem anywhere. Whenever I watch a video on youtube in full screen under compiz-fusion, it's at 80-90% transparency, making it really annoying to watch full screen. I know the solution has to be some sort of an exception in the window opacity options in the general options of compiz-fusion. I haven't been able to figure out what to designate the full screen that pops up without screwing up transparencies for other windows. Anyone have any ideas/fixes? I know turning off compiz is a fix, but i don't want to do that every time i watch a video. thanks in advance for all ideas

DragonRdr89
October 7th, 2008, 04:51 AM
bump

anyone got any ideas?

HyperHacker
October 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I have the same problem (using Firefox). I've tried to get the window information to add an exception, but xprop won't tell me anything, and no other methods will work because it disappears when I switch to another window.

Shunt
August 16th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Late answer, but ...

This works for me... start CompizConfig, General Options and the Opacity Settings tab. In Window Opacities, edit the value for Dropdownmenu and set opacity to 100.

For some reason fullscreen flash & the dropdown menu seems to share opacity. No idea why... but I can live with solid menus.