PDA

View Full Version : Kabel Deutschland - No Reception

Titus A Duxass
October 4th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Hi All,
After years of using MythTV just for playing streams, music and DVDs I've decided to take the plunge and have a look at the TV side.

I've got a PVR-150 installed and working and I can see all channels apart from the pay-TV channels via the output from my Kabel Deutschland cable receiver.

The output from the cable box is fed to my tv and the input to the PVR-150 via a normal coax cable.

Do I need a different card to receive this output?

Are there any other Kabel Deutschland user out there who can give me pointers?

laga
October 4th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I think that the coax output of your cable box is just pass-through. It doesn't decrypt the channels.

Titus A Duxass
October 4th, 2008, 02:03 PM
That would explain it, so I need to feed the scart output into the system somehow.

managementboy
October 7th, 2008, 11:16 AM
That would explain it, so I need to feed the scart output into the system somehow.

I think kabel D does not offer all channels for free, you probably need a CAM and a SmartCard to see the channels on your set-top box?

Titus A Duxass
October 8th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I think kabel D does not offer all channels for free, you probably need a CAM and a SmartCard to see the channels on your set-top box?

You are correct, KD do not offer all channels for free.
However I do pay for some channels and these are the ones that I can not see.

The most likely explanation is, as Laga proposed, that the encrypted channels are not fed via the coax connector.