PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] analog tapes to dvds. Help!

Old Duffers
October 4th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Need to get analog handycam tapes to dvd. Help! Don't know where to
start. Any ideas?

gpsmikey
October 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Depends how creative you want to get and what features you want as far as menu's, editing etc. Simplest is there are recorders out there that will record directly from tape. Have not used them, but I have seen them. Next up the list would be to capture the video to a digital format with either a capture card or something like one of the Canopus boxes that takes analog in and gives DV out. There are a number of video editors etc under Linux, but I have not used them - I am familiar with Sony Vegas and several others under windoze. You might try a search of the forums here for "capture cards" and see what turns up also. I use a Canopus ADVC-100 converter box to go from analog to the DV format then edit with Sony Vegas under windoze myself so that is what I am familiar with. Hope that gets you started anyway.

mikey

cotcot
October 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Search this forum on VHS capture. This (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=929677&highlight=VHS+capture) will be one of the threads that can help. The way I use is described in post #8.
Google on linux VHS capture.