PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to install Qnext

abhimanyu1234
October 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
How do i install qnext in ubuntu . i am totally new to Linux and donot know anything. pls help.

cariboo
October 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Just double click on the file you downloaded, File-roller will open, click extract, extract it somewhere in you home directory. Open Nautilus (Places-->Home Folder) double click the directory you just created, double-click qnextclient and you running. Make sure you have java installed. If you don't, install ubuntu-restricted-extras. This will install java, flash, mscorefonts as well as the codecs you need for most audio/video file playback.

Jim

abhimanyu1234
October 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Just double click on the file you downloaded, File-roller will open, click extract, extract it somewhere in you home directory. Open Nautilus (Places-->Home Folder) double click the directory you just created, double-click qnextclient and you running. Make sure you have java installed. If you don't, install ubuntu-restricted-extras. This will install java, flash, mscorefonts as well as the codecs you need for most audio/video file playback.

Jim

I have extracted the qnext in desktop. now what is nautilus and how do i install ubuntu-restricted-extras .look i am new to linux/ubuntu . i donot know anything at all and would love to learn . i have just switched frm windows n feel helpless around linux . i use ubuntu X64. pls help write in detail.

abhimanyu1234
October 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
ok....now its working i mean it starts but there some problem with firewall it blocks it any help in that ...

bobhurt
August 14th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Thank you for the simple explanation of how to install qnext. Here's what I want to do. I want to add qnext and other apps to the synaptics package manager and set up semi-automatic updates for those apps. Also, I don't really want to clog up my home download folder with a bunch of apps like qnext when they probably belong somewhere else, like in etc or something. How do I organize the downloaded apps like qnext so that they become part of the package installation and update system built into ubuntu?

Thanks for you hlp.