PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do I view my posts?

elitenoobboy
October 2nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
I don't see any links that will take me to a list of my own posts. The closest thing is the subscribed threads, which is still insufficient if I don't want to be subscribed to a thread but still want to be able to view my posts. IS there something that I'm missing here?

davidryder
October 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Where it says Welcome, Username in the top right hand of the screen - click on Username, then go to Statistics and you can view all your posts and more there.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8808/ssoct0220081436tr1.png

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/993/ssoct0220081437ig0.png

EDIT: Included screenshots.

pp.
October 2nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
IS there something that I'm missing here?

There's a 'search' menu near the top of this page. There also are some useful links in your profile.

aysiu
October 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Go to Search and select Find All Your Posts

elitenoobboy
October 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Go to Search and select Find All Your Posts
?
Where did that come from? That wasn't there yesterday. :(

Joeb454
October 4th, 2008, 10:43 PM
It's been there for a while actually :p

cyberdork33
October 5th, 2008, 03:19 AM
They actually just took it off yesterday only.

Forrest Gumpp
October 6th, 2008, 10:36 PM
?
Where did that come from? That wasn't there yesterday. :(

What I think elitenoobboy may be referring to is the different behaviour of some Forum features when one is viewing without being logged-in, as compared to the options that only show up when one is logged-in. There are quite a few of these.

For example, the 'little green guy' icon that appears on bottom right corner of the envelope to the left of an indexed post title indicating how many posts you have in that thread, only does so if you are logged-in.

Your posting history can also be reached if you are in a thread by clicking on your userID to the left of the post pane. That gives you a drop-down menu, one of the options of which is "Find more posts by 'userID'".

This works for finding the posting history of any user.

Ubuntu Forums needs a page page, where you can read all about the features that it is not always obvious are before your eyes, doesn't it!

Of course, there is LaRosa's post "Guide to Forum Features" in the stickies at the top of the index page, but that isn't precisely what I was getting at with a page page suggestion.