PDA

View Full Version : iMon LCD touchscreen

NautiusMaximus
October 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Folks

I'm considering building a Mythbuntu system in a Silverstone Grandia GD02-MT case, which comes with an iMon LCD touch screen.

I've been doing some Googling and reading these forums, and it appears that the iMon devices are a bit of a pain to get working under Linux, but that it usually seems to be possible.

However, I've not seen anything specifically relating to the touchscreen version of the LCD. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that to work under Mythbuntu? I don't really care whether the touchscreen functionality works, but would be disappointed if I could never get anything to appear on the display.

Thanks
NM

NautiusMaximus
October 19th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I guess that's a "no" then?

alexeix
October 20th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I'm also wondering about support for touch panels in Mythbuntu - mainly because I'd like to get one of the new Asus all-in-one touchscreen PCs, so I can use it as a client.

Does the OS support touch panels 'out of the box'?
Thanks in advance!

jawadde
October 20th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Hi NautiusMaximus,

I have build a Mythbuntu system using an Ahanix MCE 701 case.

Since my video card drives my SHARP AQUOS LCD Television using the DVI output of my graphics card, I can use the vga output to connect the internal LCD screen.

I have my X11 server setup to use 2 screens, so this way I can play a photo slideshow on the internal LCD screen.

With some googling you will find the drivers that you can download to get the touchscreen to work as a real touchscreen and not just LCD display, but I don't use that functionality.

Jawadde