PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] windows lag when appearance visual effects is set to normal

hecklerusa
October 2nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
SOLVED}}I am new to Ubuntu and just bought an ACER Aspire One Model#ZG5 Intel Atom 120 GB XP.

A friend of mine installed UBUNTU LTS. It worked great. I had the cube spinning circles until I got dizzy, wobbly window wobbled flawlessly, emerald theme manager made every window crystal clear. Then my Utopian Ubuntu Universe suddenly fell apart...

My machine began to lag when I set Preference/Appearance/Visual Effects/ to Normal. Now wobbly window wont wobble they lag, The Spinning cube kinda' rotates slowly, and when as is kinda' spins it lost its crystal clarity, its sort of a cloudy cube now. As a matter of fact all special effects turn the windows cloudy like.

Please help me fix my Ubuntu Universe!!

The only thing I can remember doing before it all went haywire was download the following; Tremulous, Free Civ, and Skype. I cant remember doing anything else except maybe changing some setting on Emerald before it all went wrong.....
HEEELLLPPP MMEEEEE PPPLLLLEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!
I'm even new to Forums! I don't know if I'm posting correctly!!

UPDATE
I just reinstalled everything now it all works.....

eternalnewbee
October 8th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Hi there hecklerusa.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling compiz?
If at first you had it running smoothly then you should't worry too much.
Through trial and error and careful searching of the forums you should be able to solve the problem.
Good luck to you.

eternalnewbee
October 8th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Hi there hecklerusa.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling compiz?
If at first you had it running smoothly then you should't worry too much.
Through trial and error and careful searching of the forums you should be able to solve the problem.
Good luck to you.