PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dell Inspiron 1525, Dell 1395 wireless card not working.

bond17_007
October 1st, 2008, 02:59 AM
Hi,
I just got a Dell inspiron 1525 win Dell (Broadcom) 1395 mini wireless card.

I took out vista and installed ubuntu (YAYYY!!) First off, my wireless card was not getting detected. Under Hardware Drivers, the proprietary driver was checked but it said "Not in Use".

I then connected via wired connection and was able to get connected. I applied the all the ubuntu updates. After that my wireless card appeared working.

Now under Hardware Drivers, the proprietary driver is checked and is "IN USE".
When I click on the icon I do see all the wireless connection around. But when I try connecting to my WPA enabled home network. It just fails.

I see the one green bulb go off but no luck.
I changed the WPA KEY on my router and rebooted. But still no luck
on the side I have another dell from work using XP, that connects fine but my inspiron is having hard time.

Can you please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Barronmore
October 15th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I'm having the exact same issues. I've even tried it with the Dell Install ISO and I can't get wireless (havn't been able to update yet becuase i'm at work so I don't know if that will fix it). I'll i know is i'm really annoyed at Dell right now becuase i bought this machine with the sole perpose of using linux on it.

Can anyone help us out here?

zorkerz
December 26th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Have either of you found a solution to this? My friend just installed 8.10 on an inspiron 1525 and is having wireless troubles.

superprash2003
December 27th, 2008, 03:11 AM
have you tried via hardware drivers? http://www.prash-babu.com/2008/11/how-to-configure-broadcom-wireless-in.html

zorkerz
December 27th, 2008, 06:41 AM
It appears I jumped the gun a little bit. My friend had not updated after a fresh install of intrepid and also found two drivers in hardware drivers. I feel pretty confident that after updating and trying the drivers in hardware drivers wireless will work fine. Thanks for the response.