PDA

View Full Version : Disabling thanks for certain topics

pp.
September 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I wonder if it is possible to turn off the ability to be given thanks in any thread which has the term "thank" in the topic title.

Whenever such a thread is being run, it rains thanks on anyone even thinking about posting in that thread. I rather suspect that people even thank members who abuse them for having posted in that thread.

OTOH, a function with which the person thanked can remove the thanks if unwanted or unwarranted might be helpful, too.

Opinions, anyone?

And: premature BUMP

lukjad007
September 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM
No, I don't think a keyword search think will work. Reason: Th@nkz!

I think that the OPP was a good place for this, but it just got out of hand.

pp.
September 27th, 2008, 04:23 PM
No, I don't think a keyword search think will work. Reason: Th@nkz!

True. Thank you so much for your observation.

As an easy fix: disable thanks for all threads having the tag 'do not thank' or some such?

lukjad007
September 27th, 2008, 04:29 PM
The idea is good, but how to spread the word? What would be a good idea IMHO would be to have an extra option that used at startup or that can be changed at a later date by the OP or a mod/admin that is like the choice to have a poll or not in a thread?

LaRoza
September 27th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I wonder if it is possible to turn off the ability to be given thanks in any thread which has the term "thank" in the topic title.

Whenever such a thread is being run, it rains thanks on anyone even thinking about posting in that thread. I rather suspect that people even thank members who abuse them for having posted in that thread.

Opinions, anyone?

I agree, however, my method for deleting such abuse was to remove the OPP. So report while I can still move :-)

pp.
September 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM
So report while I can still move :-)

Done and thanks for the suggestion. Shall I click on the thanks icon?

LaRoza
September 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Done and thanks for the suggestion. Shall I click on the thanks icon?

Moved it.

I wish people wouldn't do that.

If you want, but I was hardly that helpful ;)