PDA

View Full Version : Laptop keyboards...

adam.tropics
November 21st, 2005, 12:36 PM
Second question for this evening.

Now I know that laptop keyboards present a bit of a problem, or i think i do, and it's not desperate, but...

xorg.conf when i configured it decided the best thing to do was to go for the US keyboard blah blah blah, and being new, I kinda hit return onto almost every default in the process, after all, who am i to argue!? Now i don't expect the entirely unnecassary multimedia keys to work, don't use them anyhow, and to be honest haven't noticed any specific problems leaving it set as it is, i just wonder if they all work right, and am not sure of the simplest way to check..... this is about the time someone suggest typing 'the quick brown fox......'!!!! but really i mean things like the function keys, and a way to give the windows key some useful purpose in life! (thought about making it display a full screen size screenshot of xp as a reminder in part as to why i am here!)

This one is less a function problem than just a desire for peace of mind!!

giftnudel
November 21st, 2005, 03:08 PM
Hi,

you could enter sudo showkey -t 1 in the console and press your buttons, you should then get a list of keycodes. You might be able to get these to work then with setkeycodes and so on. I have no clue how to do it, but this is a start for you.

giftnudel