PDA

View Full Version : [suggestion] Jump to my post link

Dragonbite
September 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I was just looking through a thread I have posted in at the new posts, but I didn't know where in the 5 or 6 pages of posts was MINE!

So I was thinking, what about a link that jumps to your last post in the thread?

That way one can jump to their last post, and begin reading the posts that have shown up since, making it easier to see the new ones and see if anybody responded to your post that you want to reply to.

hansdown
September 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Dragonbite.

You can subscribe to your thread by using the "thread tools" at the top of the post.It is in red letters.

Dragonbite
September 26th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hi Dragonbite.

You can subscribe to your thread by using the "thread tools" at the top of the post.It is in red letters.

Yes, I am subscribed automatically when I post something.

The idea is when I go to a thread that I posted in yesterday that is now 6 pages long I would like to have a link "Jump to my last post" or "My last post", which may be on page 2 or page 3 or page 4 (I just dunno).

After that, then I can begin catching up on the new 2-4 pages!

Elfy
September 26th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I just go to first unread post, which is generally the first one after I last posted

Dragonbite
September 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I just go to first unread post, which is generally the first one after I last posted

How do you do that easily?

DarkDancer
September 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Hey DragonByte, this is easier to do than to tell and there is probably an easier way to do it than I am going to show you, just don't know what it is, but when I want to find a specific post I go to the "User CP", click on "View All Subscribed Threads" (I do that because I don't have any currently subscribed, if you do, you can skip this step), click on a subscribed thread and then find a post by me in it, click on my name and then go down to find more posts by DarkDancer. It lists post for me back to 9/23/2006, so it's fairly comprehensive,

pp.
September 26th, 2008, 03:26 PM

How do you do that easily?

Small squarish icon with a down pointing triangle just in front of the thread's title in the forum.

Elfy
September 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I click where it says "view first unread"

cyberdork33
September 26th, 2008, 03:48 PM
In the post listing there is a little box with a triangle. There is similar functionality on pretty much all webforums.

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=86488&stc=1&d=1222440392

Elfy
September 26th, 2008, 03:53 PM
well there you go - I didn't know that as I'd never ever bothered with webforums before I pitched up here :)

Dragonbite
September 26th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys. There are more not-so-obvious features than I've seen anywhere else! It's like a million little easter eggs! :)