PDA

View Full Version : Last Agent, A Last.fm music tracker for Linux

Diabolis
September 26th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I just found this tool and it works pretty good.

Its web site: http://code.google.com/p/lastagent/

- Minimizes to the system tray
- Supported Players (so far)

* Amarok 1.x
* Banshee 1.x
* Audacious
* Rhythmbox

I haven't had any issues with it, yet. So if you are a lastfm fan, you really should try this tool.

magnus0
October 1st, 2008, 08:55 PM
yeah, but it doesn't scrobble

RiceMonster
October 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
Meh, I prefer using the built in scrobbling capabilities that most Linux audio players have than having another program running. You can do everything else via the site, so I don't see that point.

init1
October 1st, 2008, 10:29 PM
How do you use it?!

NullHead
October 1st, 2008, 10:31 PM
Meh, I prefer using the built in scrobbling capabilities that most Linux audio players have than having another program running. You can do everything else via the site, so I don't see that point.

+1

I feel the exact same way. I can easily use Banshee to scroble my music and bmpx can do the same thing. I use the website for everything that Banshee doesn't do.

Diabolis
October 2nd, 2008, 04:32 AM
I find it easier to just right click an icon in the system tray and click, for instance, the love button rather than having to keep a web page open all the time. I know I could send that window to another workspace, but then I would have to switch back and forth between workspaces.

Probably this doesn't look like a real problem, but for some people, like me, that listens to a lot music and does a lot of tagging and loving, it does get in the way.

RiceMonster
October 2nd, 2008, 05:08 AM
I find it easier to just right click an icon in the system tray and click, for instance, the love button rather than having to keep a web page open all the time. I know I could send that window to another workspace, but then I would have to switch back and forth between workspaces.

Probably this doesn't look like a real problem, but for some people, like me, that listens to a lot music and does a lot of tagging and loving, it does get in the way.

I listen to a lot of music, but I don't do a lot of loving and tagging. I only love the tracks I listen to a lot. I stopped tagging lately as well.

paranoid_humanoid
October 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
On Windows the audio players connect to the official last.fm player which provides the basic last.fm functions like loving and tagging. On linux since that every player has its own scrobbling methods, the official client is not used as much.
It's not a life saver, it just makes my life a whole lot easier and i've been missing this functionality ever since i moved from windows to ubuntu.