PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help with booting to ubuntu

brian123321
September 25th, 2008, 06:16 AM
i have ubuntu installed on a flash drive that use to boot up to ubuntu at school.

on my laptop at home i have windows vista installed as the operating system. how do i get it to read the flash drive when booting up so i can boot to the flash drive and in turn boot to ubuntu.

when i go to boot menu on system start up i can see a usb but i can not go to it. when i click enter on it nothing happens.

is there some trick for vista to get it to boot.

please some help!

lisati
September 25th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Booting from a device other than the normal hard drive often changing the boot order from within BIOS, that's assuming it has a boot option that includes flash drives. The settings are usually controlled with the keyboard, not the mouse.

cariboo907
September 25th, 2008, 06:20 AM
You probably have to go into your bios and change the boot order. On some laptops you have the option of changing the boot order when you boot up the computer. You should see a message on the screen during the boot process if this is possible.

Jim

Jazzy_Jeff
September 25th, 2008, 06:21 AM
You need to go into your Bios when the system first starts and goto the boot menu. Make sure the flash drive is moved to the top so it boots to it first.