PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I can't install the UBUNTU 8.04

MindController
September 25th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Hi everybody,
i have tried to install the ubuntu couple of months ago but i can't install on my laptop. Here is the my laptop detail
Intel core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, Intel Graphic card, 1GB of memory and 32 bit windows vista. When i install the ubuntu, it can't format my hard drive, it always happen. Pls help me, sorry my hard drive brands is Toshiba and 120GB
Thanks for Help:

frankleeee
September 25th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Hi everybody,
i have tried to install the ubuntu couple of months ago but i can't install on my laptop. Here is the my laptop detail
Intel core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, Intel Graphic card, 1GB of memory and 32 bit windows vista. When i install the ubuntu, it can't format my hard drive, it always happen. Pls help me, sorry my hard drive brands is Toshiba and 120GB
Thanks for Help:

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+faq/65

Make sure your CD is not corrupted.

MindController
September 25th, 2008, 02:51 AM
yes, i try another computer, it can use it, but different windows, i mean another computer is Windows XP. I think It depend on the windows

crjackson
September 25th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Are you trying to install a dual boot system with both operating systems and it simply won't continue when you get to the formatting part? Or Are you trying to dedicate the whole drive to ubuntu and it refuses to format?

More information please. If I had to take a guess, I'd say you are attempting to set up a dual boot system, and Ubuntu can't split the partition due to fragmented files on the Windows NTFS drive.

MindController
October 8th, 2008, 07:42 AM
sure, it refuse to format and i have tried another Linux but it still refuse to format, pls help me

mikewhatever
October 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Formatting your hard drive will likely lead to loosing all data on that drive. Are you sure you want that?