PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Accessing Music Files On My Windows Partition

StunnerAlpha
September 25th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Ey guys, I am trying to get Amarok to read my music files from my Windows partition, but it won't let me see the mounted drives or let me go up past the root to the computer level. In the file browser I am able to access the music perfectly fine, but the Amarok add media browser doesn't let me select a partition. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

eternalnewbee
September 25th, 2008, 01:28 AM
I don't know much about amarok, but with vlc I have no troubles opening files from a mounted partition.. maybe you could give it a try

jemate18
September 25th, 2008, 01:43 AM
You can also try banshee.....

it can access my music on my windows partition..

sudo apt-get install banshee

angelsguitar
September 25th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Ey guys, I am trying to get Amarok to read my music files from my Windows partition, but it won't let me see the mounted drives or let me go up past the root to the computer level. In the file browser I am able to access the music perfectly fine, but the Amarok add media browser doesn't let me select a partition. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

All the NTFS (Windows) partitions are mounted by default on the /media folder. From Amarok, try searching the /media folder; there you should find your Windows partition.

StunnerAlpha
September 25th, 2008, 07:04 AM
All the NTFS (Windows) partitions are mounted by default on the /media folder. From Amarok, try searching the /media folder; there you should find your Windows partition.

Yeah, that seemed to work. Had to type it in for it to show up. Thanks.

jemate18
September 26th, 2008, 03:14 AM
please mark this thread as SOLVED

StunnerAlpha
September 26th, 2008, 04:19 AM
please mark this thread as SOLVED

How do I do that?

Edit: nevermind, got it.