PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 8.10 error

SamerBerjawi
September 24th, 2008, 11:26 PM
When I try to upgrade ubuntu from 8.04 to 8.10 I get the following error!

Error authenticating some packages

It was not possible to authenticate some packages. This may be a transient network problem. You may want to try again later. See below for a list of unauthenticated packages.

and then the list of packages..

How can I solve this ?

perlluver
September 24th, 2008, 11:28 PM

It was not possible to authenticate some packages. This may be a transient network problem. You may want to try again later. See below for a list of unauthenticated packages.

How can I solve this ?

Any reason you are trying to Upgrade now? It is still in alpha stage. If possible I would wait, till it is released.

Dougie187
September 24th, 2008, 11:32 PM
If you don't want to wait, you should keep assistance requests to the proper forum for Ibex. Keep in mind, it does say on the release site "This is still an alpha release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released on October 30th, 2008."

SamerBerjawi
September 24th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Any reason you are trying to Upgrade now? It is still in alpha stage. If possible I would wait, till it is released.

Yeah, I wanna have an idea of what I be getting on October 30th

Sef
September 24th, 2008, 11:33 PM

How can I solve this ?+1 to perlluver's advice.

Exceptions are those who like to test software, just absolutely have to have the lastest software, have infinite patience to deal with various, daily, unexpected crashes or some combination of them.

I would wait a bit and see if it picks up later. Seems to be a transmission problem.

Therion
September 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Hmmmm... Might this be a transient network problem?

You may want to try again later.

sneeks
September 24th, 2008, 11:43 PM
why dont you just use it in vbox/vmware,eg install your flavour of ubuntu,then try the upgrade,will save a lot of tears.

Dougie187
September 25th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Keep in mind, this is not going to be a good flavor of what you will get on Oct 30th. It's not even a released beta yet, so it will change quite a bit. I mean there are even reports of it ruining network cards in alpha. So I would stear clear of it, especially if your reason is "just to get a flavor of what you will get on the 30th". Only use if it you have something that you specifically need to test or if you want to help develop.