PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Internet Wallpaper Doesnt Stick

brookswm
September 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I've tried to set a picture from the internet as my wallpaper a few times now and each time it doesnt work. I'll right click the image, the set your wallpaper box will open up, it will put the image in the preview, but when I click to confirm that I want it done... nothing. I've been able to work around it by merely saving the image and then setting it from that, but I'd like to know if there was something that I can do to fix that functionality.

billgoldberg
September 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I've tried to set a picture from the internet as my wallpaper a few times now and each time it doesnt work. I'll right click the image, the set your wallpaper box will open up, it will put the image in the preview, but when I click to confirm that I want it done... nothing. I've been able to work around it by merely saving the image and then setting it from that, but I'd like to know if there was something that I can do to fix that functionality.

It doesn't work for me also (it did on gutsy).

I just save the picture on my hdd, but it would be nice if this feature would be fixed.

HittingSmoke
September 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM

Yea, I've noticed it doesnt save a copy for the system to use when you select a wallpaper. I tried to set a wallpaper from a pic on my desktop and delete it but it also erased my wallpaper.

styfle
September 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Sorry to thread jack but I didn't reall wanna make a thread about it.

Is there a way to make the walpaper cover the entire screen?
I have both my toolbars on the bottom so now on the top my wallpaper is cut off about 24 pixels even though I have a 1024x768 picture and thats the res my wallpaper is at.
Any idea how fix that?