PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Kubuntu, I've got Tiny fonts in firefox and konqueror.

philinux
September 24th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Have to zoom in about 3 times to see anything. I cant do this on every webpage. Whats the fix?

cariboo907
September 24th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Firefox allows you to set a minimum font size, go to Edit-->Preferences-->Content, then clck the fonts & colours advanced button. You will see a minimum font size button in the resulting window.

I was using the Glazoom Firefox add on until I found this button. I set the minimum font size to 16, and now rarely need the zoom button.

Jim

philinux
September 24th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Already tried that and it did not do anything sorry.

philinux
September 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Fixed.

Set dpi in kubuntu to 96 and changed resolution. Although I have to change the res every reboot.

mlentink
September 24th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Hi Philinux,

How did you do this? I seem to be having the opposite problem. The Live CD shows windows titles/fonts that are about 248pts, which makes using the LiveCD virtually useless.
I have this on both Kubuntu Alpha6. Ubuntu A6 runs fine, except when i log out. The log-out window again has enormous fonts...

philinux
September 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
First get your graphics driver sorted. Then set the correct screen res. Take it from there.

mlentink
September 25th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Graphics driver isn't the problem, afaik (intel GMA 950 on a HP Compaq nx7400).

How would I go about changing the screen resolution on a LiveCD where the fonts are so big I can only see two lines of a menu? Partially? I remeber Having had such a 'huge fonts'problem after installation of either Gutsy of Hardy, but those were both the Gnome version and could be remedied by changing the gdm.conf files. How do I do this on a Kubuntu LiveCD?

To be honest, this makes me a bit reluctant to plan an upgrade to Intrepid.

Thanks for helping me so far!