PDA

View Full Version : funny post count

hussam
November 20th, 2005, 10:05 PM
It's either me or something's wrong with this forum VB version.
Since my last five posts, my post count hasn't changed. It's stuck at 127.
Not that I care of couse, but I just want to know if my user account is corrupted.

GeneralZod
November 20th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I gather that posts in Community Chat aren't added to your total; this helps cut down on the number of useless "postcount++" posts.

Lovechild
November 20th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Amen to that...
postcount++

xequence
November 20th, 2005, 11:01 PM
this helps cut down on the number of useless "postcount++" posts.

No, it doesent :P It makes people think this is just like the "spam" section on other boards, where you just post random stupid things and it doesent get counted to your post count. And it gives me a low post count, id have over 1000 by now if they didnt change it.

kassetra
November 21st, 2005, 12:51 AM
No, it doesent :P It makes people think this is just like the "spam" section on other boards, where you just post random stupid things and it doesent get counted to your post count. And it gives me a low post count, id have over 1000 by now if they didnt change it.

Actually, the reason we did it is because we're a technical support forum, and community chat is not technical support.

You're the first person ever to liken the community chat to a spam section.

If you're that concerned with your post count, why not try helping people instead of complaining about how you'd have X number of posts by now...? I guarantee that approach will raise your post count. :p