PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen Brightness

System Monitor
September 24th, 2008, 03:40 AM
The screen brightness changes when I move the mouse, or for some other reason and it is very annoying, how can I get it to stop?

jemate18
September 24th, 2008, 03:46 AM
The screen brightness changes when I move the mouse, or for some other reason and it is very annoying, how can I get it to stop?

ARe you using a laptop or a desktop?

xeth_delta
September 24th, 2008, 03:52 AM

That is definitely not a regular behaviour. Can you offer us more information regarding your machine? CPU, graphics card, etc, what version of Ubunutu are you using, when did the problem start and what are the actions that seem to produce it (you mentioned there were several).

jgedutis
September 24th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I actually had a similar issue recently that ended up being an issue with having dual monitors plugged into the video card in my desktop.

I had the second port of my video card plugged into another lcd that was not configured. Whenever I moved the mouse it would get faded in some areas and bright in others.

I disconnected the cable and rebooted and it stopped. I now have it configured now and it still does this with the other monitor off, but does not if i keep it unplugged or turn it on as well.

Do you have dual monitors?