PDA

View Full Version : How to request a hardware subforum?

starcannon
September 24th, 2008, 03:03 AM
If this has been asked countless times in the past, forgive my inept use of the search engine; I did give it a go, and I did read through some of the forum Do's and Don'ts. I also looked in the Request a 3rd party forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=231) but didn't think my request fit for a number of reasons.

That said, can we please have a Playstation 3 / Xbox / Gaming Console - running Ubuntu Subforum?

As it stands I'm digging around on google for partial answers, and color me spoiled, I'm used to the superb people here on the Ubuntu Forums, anything else just feels second rate.

If this post is in the wrong place, please move it along to its proper home, and pm me with a link to the Do's and Dont's regarding subforum requests.

Thanks,
starcannon aka Rob

LaRoza
September 24th, 2008, 04:03 AM
It has been asked, and was approved, however, it wasn't implemented yet.

Basically, the proposal (of mine, but supported by many) was to have an "Other platforms" section with pre-fixes for various platforms. This would take the place of the current Sparc forum (and Sparc would be one of the prefixes).

starcannon
September 24th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Ahh, cool, perfect.
I'm posting from my PS3 now, but it needs a lot of tuning to be a regular use machine (for Ubuntu I mean)

I know a lot of people might say "why?" and all I can really say that will relate is, I used to be a webTV junky, I loved it (warts and all). I bought the PS3 because of Ubuntu, I get a cool geek toy, Wife gets Blu-Ray, and Kids get games, we'll wear this thing out lol.

Thanks LaRoza for the reply, and I look forward to the new subforums.

starcannon

LaRoza
September 24th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Thanks LaRoza for the reply, and I look forward to the new subforums.

starcannon

Ok. It will be added to the agenda for the next Forum Council meeting. That is probably within a month or two, not sure.

I'll keep you all posted.

For now, you can use the Cafe.