PDA

View Full Version : Firefox printing not printing images

Enigmatic
September 24th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I'm noticing that some or none of the images on a web page are missing when I print it.

Happens with either my HP 1012 or printing to PDF. Has anyone run into this?

oldsoundguy
September 24th, 2008, 01:07 AM
One thing it might be:
Some images on web pages are locked from copying. You would need to go back to the page and right click on each unprinted image to check to see if they are protected .. if so, a right click will have any copy options grayed out and they will not print when you print the whole page.

Enigmatic
September 24th, 2008, 01:08 AM
No, I am able to click 'copy image'.

Printing in general has been quite flaky. Sometimes when I'm printing a more complicated PDF for instance, it will simply quit printing in the middle of a page and halt the print job.

Nullack
September 24th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I think youll find there is a bug on LP about this

oldsoundguy
September 24th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Google is your friend:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1012

It is a raster basted printer, not a post script. There are issues with such printers (made for Mac but usable on Windows .. sometimes UNUSABLE in Linux .. I have one that is NOT LINUX!!)

Enigmatic
September 24th, 2008, 02:54 AM
One thing I've noticed is that graphics are quite lacking in detail, it seems that they are just not dark enough with too little ink put down.

Could this be related?

oldsoundguy
September 24th, 2008, 04:00 AM
try installing HPLIP in the add/remove programs under applications. That MAY solve your problem as neither cups or gutenprint really support raster printers the last time I checked (could be wrong as has been a while since I had to or tried to install a new printer.)

Enigmatic
September 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I actually do have hplip installed, the only thing that shows up under add/remove programs is the HPLIP toolbox.

philinux
September 24th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Have a look to see which printer driver is actually being used. If it's using guten it might need changing to hplip.

UbuWu
September 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Might be this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/273912

Enigmatic
September 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I believe it's using hpijs based on the CUPS admin page status:

Foomatic/hpijs, hpijs 2.8.2