PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Make firefox separate from the gtk theme?

kamitsukai
September 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
When I have a dark coloured gtk theme in ubuntu it changes the colour of the Firefox toolbar and also search boxes/forms in Firefox...:mad: is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

jimmy the saint
September 23rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
I kind of doubt it. You may try installing some firefox theme addons from their site as that may override the default behavior. The window manager is responsible for drawing the windows and uless specifically told otherwise, simply uses the default theme. Its an interesting questions. Be sure to post back here and let us know how well that works.

jimmy the saint
September 23rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Interesting question. You could try installing one of the firefox themes from the mozilla addons site. That may override the window manager's default behavior of relying on the theme. If you try it, be sure to let us know how it worked and mark this thread as solved.

Sorry about the double post, for some reason it took my first 5 minutes to show up!

SunnyRabbiera
September 23rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
well if you change the theme it can do this, some themes on the mozilla theme site does override the default theme

I wanted to leave
September 23rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Type in about:config into the search box and hit enter, accept the warning and scroll down to
browser-use-system-colors whatever, double click and the option will change to false

If that doesn't work, you can also change search bar background and text colors individually

nufros
November 14th, 2008, 12:33 AM
You could also try this Greasemonkey script... it worked for me :)

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/36850