PDA

View Full Version : Been trying out the Intrepid themes in Hardy

Sealbhach
September 23rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Following the instructions here:

http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com/2008/09/try-out-intrepid-themes-in-hardy.html

I found that when I opened the Control Centre - it was difficult to see the descriptions (see attached).

I guess it's a bug they know about?

Soupcan
September 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'd guess the font color will be changed. If they don't know about it already, they will probably find out soon.

Joe_Bishop
September 23rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
I hope this brown .... will never be default ;)

Sealbhach
September 24th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I hope this brown .... will never be default ;)

I think it's an improvement on the defualt in Hardy.

They have also an alternative theme called New Wave which is actually really cool.

mpgarate
September 25th, 2008, 01:26 AM
personally I hate the dark themes ONLY because of the way buttons in firefox appear. (for example the "i'm feeling lucky" box on google.com)

it makes them stand out too much from the page. Very unattractive.

loomsen
September 25th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Well then...

sudo echo deb http://deb.opera.com/opera etch non-free > /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -O - http://deb.opera.com/archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install opera

Maybe you'll start liking dark themes, tho my dark Opera theme is one of very few dark themes I really like. (Plus about one million gd reason to prefer opera to any other browser, but... not worthy the discussion with firefox users, similar to the neverending, polarizing cold EA-Sports FIFA vs ProEvoScr War I guess :) )

mpgarate
September 25th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I have nothing against opera, I am a fan. But i think this is something that should be considered since firefox is the default web browser

loomsen
September 25th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Oh, alright, no offense anyway :)

But actually, I think it's pretty hard to create a dark theme which won't be boring after a pretty short time. Nearly every dark theme I created, even those where I thought wow, this is perfect, I found myself destroying just one or two days l8r. I dont even know y, but I kinda get bored or sth pretty fast by dark themes. Well except the opera theme I posted above, maybe I'll try and port it to gtk some time ^^
Further there are often accessibility problems with dark themes, similar to the shot above.
<-- Frustrated, will switch back to not-to-dark, not-to-light, 80s suitable, always trendy grey again I think :D

perlluver
September 25th, 2008, 04:46 AM
I think it's an improvement on the defualt in Hardy.

They have also an alternative theme called New Look which is actually really cool.

Where can I find this New Look? All I have is New Human, and the other defaults.

Sealbhach
September 25th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Where can I find this New Look? All I have is New Human, and the other defaults.

Sorry, my mistake, it's called "New Wave".

New Look was Coco Chanel back in the 1950's...

I think it came with the new pack, or maybe I had it already and forgot about it.