PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] xSane error message help?

Accordionista
September 23rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Hi I've just got a nice new printer/scanner/copier dealie. It's an HP F2280. The printing part worked as soon as I plugged it in which was super.

Now I'd like to scan something, I press the scan button on the printer and nothing happens apart from a blinking light from it. So I tried to use xSane, it scans for devices then says

Failed to open device 'v4l:/dev/video0': Invalid argument.

Does anyone know how I should take it from here? I have the windows installation CD, should I run that or is there something I need to download?

Thanks, any help much appreciated

plucky
September 23rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hi I've just got a nice new printer/scanner/copier dealie. It's an HP F2280. The printing part worked as soon as I plugged it in which was super.

Now I'd like to scan something, I press the scan button on the printer and nothing happens apart from a blinking light from it. So I tried to use xSane, it scans for devices then says

Failed to open device 'v4l:/dev/video0': Invalid argument.

Does anyone know how I should take it from here? I have the windows installation CD, should I run that or is there something I need to download?

Thanks, any help much appreciated

Found this thread for HP F2280 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=905287&highlight=HP+F2280) on a search of the forum.

Good Luck