PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] How to use iPod Touch on Ubuntu??

hou_zi
September 23rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
I recently got an iPod Touch, very excited, until I got couldn't even turn it on. How can I use my iPod Touch using Ubuntu? Should I install iTunes using Wine? and if so, where can I get Wine? Or should I use other Ubuntu programs??

*Please help***!! Thanks a ton!!

crazypenguin2008
September 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
you will have to install itunes on wine. here is the link to the ubuntu section on wine's page http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

as far as i know ubuntu can not support itunes on its own.

good luck

bwallum
September 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Have a go with gtkpod. It can be found in Applications>Add/Remove> then search for gtkpod. Click on the check box and apply. Confirm and it will download.

I have used this successfully on Hardy for a Shuttle iPod.

crazypenguin2008
September 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
i stand corrected

madu
September 23rd, 2008, 10:05 AM
There is a workaround you can do with gtkpod, but even then I think atmost you can put music files in there.. not movies..

The easiest way would be to jailbreak your iTouch and install Open SSH.. then just SSH connect into your iTouch and transfer any file you want.. mp3.. movies..pdfs.. i have installed 'aviplayer' and 'FileBrowser'... just browse to wherever you put the files to and click.. it will automatically run from aviplayer... you can also have youtubedownloaders.. heaps there.. but that is only if you want to jailbreak.. until then I am not sure how you can get anything into iTouch except for mp3s...

Beern
September 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
The easiest way would be to jailbreak your iTouch and install Open SSH.. then just SSH connect into your iTouch and transfer any file you want.. mp3.. movies..pdfs.. i have installed 'aviplayer' and 'FileBrowser'.

I have installed Open SSH on my iPod Touch and im trying to get it working with Ubuntu. Anyway, my question is - Where can I get "FileBrowser"?

fullofbeans
November 14th, 2008, 12:15 PM
havr you used gtkpod

eder.apt-get
November 14th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Try Floola. Itīs much better, in my opinion:
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/free-software-downloads/floola-for-windows-replace-itunes/