PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with booting

djb6
September 23rd, 2008, 02:19 AM
So I tried to update my ubuntu to 8.10 and then it froze half way through. I had to shut down the computer. When I reloaded ubuntu, it was a mess and since I'm not that great at it, I was just going to uninstall it and then start over, which usually would work. The problem was, I couldn't uninstall it for some reason, so I just dragged it to the recycle bin in Windows. This worked except for the booting. I still have the option to boot Ubuntu and I want to get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated.

kansasnoob
September 23rd, 2008, 04:27 AM
So I tried to update my ubuntu to 8.10 and then it froze half way through. I had to shut down the computer. When I reloaded ubuntu, it was a mess and since I'm not that great at it, I was just going to uninstall it and then start over, which usually would work. The problem was, I couldn't uninstall it for some reason, so I just dragged it to the recycle bin in Windows. This worked except for the booting. I still have the option to boot Ubuntu and I want to get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated.

This, "so I just dragged it to the recycle bin in Windows.", makes it sound like a Wubi thing:confused:

I tried Wubi once just to see if I liked it and I didn't but there is a specific area for Wubi questions:

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=234

kansasnoob
September 23rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
BTW: 8.10, aka: Intrepid, is still in Alpha stage meaning it's not quite done yet!

Like the dough is still rising!

tuxxy
September 23rd, 2008, 04:37 AM
It should still boot, try a fresh install and report back, it may need reporting