PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Installed envy ng, now screen is pure white, can I uninstall from root?

aaror
September 22nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Hi all,
I have a very nice, stable copy of Ubuntu that I keep ruining trying to run windoze games. I have an ATI driver for my Radion 2600, and thought that might be the problem, so I installed envy ng.
Now when I boot up my computer, it is fine while I type my username and password, and then the screen is pure white. The one exception is the mouse, which I can see, and which changes pointers based on what I am doing. If I click on the top of the screen, I can launch aps, but I don't know what I am launching (can't actually see them).
So my first thought on a solution would be uninstalling it somehow from the root (using the recovery to root boot up feature). That being said I have no clue where to start. Could someone write down step by step instructions for what I should do after I open the root menu? Thanks much and sorry to ask...

aaror
September 22nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Never mind, user error (aka rtfm).
If anyone else has a similar problem, go to the envy website where they have all the removal commands. From root it is:
envyng --uninstall-all