PDA

View Full Version : Logitech joypad moves mouse, etc...

Holonet
September 22nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
I just upgraded from a fresh Hardy install to Intrepid Ibex Alpha 6, and I'm getting peculiar behavior with regard to my Logitech Dual Action joypad. This pad has two analog sticks--essentially a Playstation controller design with a lower quality d-pad. The left (default) analog stick seems to control the mouse pointer on my desktop. If I press a button on the joypad, X seems to crash and restart, with a message briefly displaying in between. The message is:

ata4: EH pending after 5 tries, giving up (I'll be a monkey's uncle if I know what that means)

The same message occurs if I try to go to a prompt by pressing ctrl+alt+F1...and the message just keeps repeating down the screen, seemingly indefinitely. Shall I file a bug report...explanations, ideas?... I can't use the joypad in a game as it's designed to either, it restarts X just as it does the desktop.

I'm not sure if it would matter, but I use a USB Logitech keyboard (G15) as well.

weh
October 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Bump.

I'm having a similar problem. The Logitech Dual Action controller moves the mouse pointer just fine, but won't do jack when I use jstest or jscalibrator even though they both say something's there. This worked in Hardy yesterday. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

weh
October 17th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I found this and it's working for me, now. Apparently it's a bug in Intrepid's X-server. Follow the directions, and it should be fixed. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-joystick/+bug/274203/comments/14