PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] Why won't Hulu/YouTube pop out?

tarahmarie
September 22nd, 2008, 12:14 AM
I'm wondering if anyone knows why Hulu and YouTube won't pop to full screen? I have the flashplugin-nonfree installed, and I'm using Firefox 3.0.2. Anyone else having this same problem?

jimmy the saint
September 22nd, 2008, 12:22 AM
Flash support in *nix is weak. Not everything works. This is just one of those things. You may want to check your firefox settings and see if you have popups disabled. This may work, but I kind of doubt it.

Good Luck!

tarahmarie
September 22nd, 2008, 03:07 AM
Yeah, enabling popups for hulu and youtube didn't help. I can get a hulu vid to pop OUT, but not to go to fullscreen. Grr. Thanks anyway.

RequinB4
September 22nd, 2008, 03:29 AM
do you have libflashsupport installed? If yes/no, try with the opposite ;P

fullscreen hulu works perfectly for me and i'm using flashplugin-nonfree, this may sound meh but make sure you're hitting the upper right fullscreen button not the pop out button.

tarahmarie
September 22nd, 2008, 03:45 AM
do you have libflashsupport installed? If yes/no, try with the opposite ;P

fullscreen hulu works perfectly for me and i'm using flashplugin-nonfree, this may sound meh but make sure you're hitting the upper right fullscreen button not the pop out button.

I installed libflashsupport and tried again; same diff--hitting the fullscreen button sorta flashes to fullscreen then disappears. I'm going to try rebooting and see if that makes a difference.

tarahmarie
September 22nd, 2008, 03:52 AM
Yep, rebooting, checking for upgrades, nothing's helping. I'm running Kubuntu 8.04, KDE 4.1.1, Firefox 3.0.2, and I have a monster system with an Nvidia GeForce 8600. Bother.

Lupi
September 22nd, 2008, 04:00 AM
I just installed Flash (and Ubuntu for that matter :D ) but the sound in Youtube isn't working. Any idea why?

RequinB4
September 22nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
I just installed Flash (and Ubuntu for that matter :D ) but the sound in Youtube isn't working. Any idea why?

Welcome! You know it's ok to make new threads...

Try having only firefox open and trying again,

and then install libflash support - go to system - admin - synaptic package manager, enter your password, and install the libflashsupport package.

Then try again.

To the OP: No idea, it might be a WM issue which makes me unqualified to answer - try with/without compiz

metacity --replace
or

compiz --replace

Not both at the same time ;P