PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Java unresolved compilation problems

mlilien
September 21st, 2008, 10:50 PM
I was recently working on a java project in eclipse, and tried to add a new library to the build path. This operation crashed Eclipse, and not only that, anytime I tried to restart eclipse, it crashed. So, I decided to uninstall and then reinstall eclipse.

Now, when I set up the program I'm working with (CMU's Sphinx) the same way that I had set up the workspace the first time, when I run an application, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
assert cannot be resolved to a type
Duplicate local variable rawLength
Syntax error on token "==", = expected
assert cannot be resolved to a type
Duplicate local variable numStreams
Syntax error on token "==", = expected

at edu.cmu.sphinx.model.acoustic.TIDIGITS_8gau_13dCep _16k_40mel_130Hz_6800Hz.ModelLoader.loadDensityFil eBinary(ModelLoader.java:786)
at edu.cmu.sphinx.model.acoustic.TIDIGITS_8gau_13dCep _16k_40mel_130Hz_6800Hz.ModelLoader.loadModelFiles (ModelLoader.java:541)
at edu.cmu.sphinx.model.acoustic.TIDIGITS_8gau_13dCep _16k_40mel_130Hz_6800Hz.ModelLoader.load(ModelLoad er.java:476)
at edu.cmu.sphinx.model.acoustic.TIDIGITS_8gau_13dCep _16k_40mel_130Hz_6800Hz.Model.allocate(Model.java: 177)
at edu.cmu.sphinx.linguist.flat.FlatLinguist.allocate AcousticModel(FlatLinguist.java:336)
at edu.cmu.sphinx.linguist.flat.FlatLinguist.allocate (FlatLinguist.java:318)
at edu.cmu.sphinx.decoder.search.SimpleBreadthFirstSe archManager.allocate(SimpleBreadthFirstSearchManag er.java:602)
at edu.cmu.sphinx.decoder.Decoder.allocate(Decoder.ja va:109)
at edu.cmu.sphinx.recognizer.Recognizer.allocate(Reco gnizer.java:182)
at demo.sphinx.hellodigits.HelloDigits.main(HelloDigi ts.java:52)

I didn't have this issue before reinstalling Eclipse. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? Thanks.

drubin
September 21st, 2008, 10:57 PM
It is more then likely one of the plugins that has a bug in it.

Unless this class is your own.?

demo.sphinx.hellodigits.HelloDigits.main(HelloDigi ts.java:52)

mlilien
September 21st, 2008, 11:39 PM
No. I haven't added any code. But, it should be the same code that I got to run correctly last time. So, I was trying to figure out if there's some kind of eclipse configuration that I wasn't using properly.

drubin
September 21st, 2008, 11:41 PM
No. I haven't added any code. But, it should be the same code that I got to run correctly last time. So, I was trying to figure out if there's some kind of eclipse configuration that I wasn't using properly.

Looks like the install was not the same as the previous one. Have you tried re installing the sphinx plugin?

mlilien
September 21st, 2008, 11:43 PM
It's not a plugin. It's a java project. But yes, I've tried redownloading the source and following the setup instructions several times

drubin
September 22nd, 2008, 12:51 AM
Am I right in assuming this is the http://www.sphinxsearch.com

You might get answers more specific to your issue here. I am not sure how active those forums are though.
http://www.sphinxsearch.com/forum/forum.html?id=1

mlilien
September 22nd, 2008, 01:56 AM
Actually, what I'm using is http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/sphinx4/

I've posted on the sphinx specific message board also, but also posted here in case someone recognized the issue as something more general. I'm pretty sure the source code hasn't changed since I reinstalled eclipse, so I don't think it's a sphinx specific issue.

drubin
September 22nd, 2008, 02:00 AM
mm Have you tried the CMD build commands to see if the issue is with the eclipse pathing/installation

mlilien
September 22nd, 2008, 02:03 AM
No, what commands are those?

tinny
September 22nd, 2008, 02:41 AM
(The usually request :-) )

Can you please post the output of:

java -version
javac -version

I have personally found that some plugins dont like some versions of the Java runtime.

rubinboy will know what im talking about ;)

mlilien
September 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

~$ javac -version
javac 1.6.0_06

mlilien
September 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
I just built and ran it with ant through the command line and it worked fine. So, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my eclipse configuration.

mlilien
September 22nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
So, I figured out the issue. I had to enable assertions in Eclipse. I don't know why I didn't have to do this the first time, but it's working now.

drubin
September 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
So, I figured out the issue. I had to enable assertions in Eclipse. I don't know why I didn't have to do this the first time, but it's working now.

You should report that as a bug. assertions should not affect "how" the code runs/if it causes errors/changes in code.

They are supposed to be there so that you can "view" debugging information not change the way the code reacts. This way when debugging you would get different results to the "live" version

mlilien
September 22nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Well, before I enabled them, it seemed to be reading them as syntax errors, because it didn't see "assert" as a keyword.