PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] First time install, need to place on NV Raid

Elf_Boy
September 21st, 2008, 10:33 PM
Hi and thanks to all for any help,

I have an asus m2n32 sli delux. On the block of NV sata ports I have ports 3/4 with a 300 gig drive each with an existing windows partion in raid zero. On the sil image port I have a 500 gig drive with my windows system.

I'd like to be able to place Ubuntu on the NV raid drive. I can change the partition size if needed to free up space as it is mostly (but not completely empty at the moment).

I booted the ubuntu cd into OS to check things out and everything was runing fine. I started the isntaller and the problem I ran into was that the partioner saw the raid as two seperate drives. I'd just as soon not have to reinstall the apps I have on the drive if I can avoid it.

How do I set up the installer to see the two drives as a raid? Will I be ok using the existing NTSF partition? Or should I free up some space (if so how much?) I could spare 300 gigs or so.

After all that how do I make sure that my system will still be able to boot into vista?

Thanks again for any and all help :)

Elf_Boy
September 22nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
I have now made free space on my non-raid drive. 130 gigs.

The installer seems to want to resize the drive... Under the "guided" option can I tell it to not resize things?

I also see a custom option, but do not know what to tell it.

The use largest free space doesnt work because it wants to use one of the drives in the raid.

Any help would be apreciated.