PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Oops First error message, HELP!!!!!

bootneck
September 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM
Well it has happened I have broke it!!
I am running a Nvida Ge Force GT6800GTS video card and thought I would be clever and have a look at systems I went into Aperarances Preferences, visual effects and as the card is quite good I thought would download the Extra with the 3D, but all started well, then an error message came up and is as follows:-

E: dqkg was interrupted you must manualey run 'dqkg--config-a' to correct the problem.

E:_ cache-(V on its side)( ) failed, please report.

Boo Hoo now what do I do:confused:[-o< Now you can how techi I realy am:(

Vivaldi Gloria
September 21st, 2008, 10:01 PM
Do what it says. Open a terminal and try

sudo dpkg --configure -a

ThrobbingBrain66
September 21st, 2008, 10:02 PM
Please run the following command in a terminal and post back if it does/doesn't fix your problem.

sudo dpkg --configure -a

bootneck
September 21st, 2008, 10:19 PM
What is a terminal:confused: oh and by the way I found the error console in tools and I have hundreds of the little blighters:(

ThrobbingBrain66
September 21st, 2008, 10:20 PM
Sorry.

Go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal and type that code in.

bootneck
September 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM
It tells me aplication not found

ThrobbingBrain66
September 21st, 2008, 10:29 PM
Could you please copy and paste the actual ouput (instead of just paraphrasing)?

bootneck
September 21st, 2008, 10:31 PM
I am off to bed now as have to be up early for work and the wife is concerned that I have divorced her and married the PC:)

lisati
September 21st, 2008, 10:34 PM
I am off to bed now as have to be up early for work and the wife is concerned that I have divorced her and married the PC:)
Aaah, the wife thinks the computer is your second wife? I know that accusation well!

Sometimes "typos" can confuse things.
Go to Applications->Accessories->Terminal, and type

sudo dpkg --configure -a
You can copy and paste this line, like you would with a word processor. Don't worry if it asks for your password and nothing appears when you type: this is a normal security precaution, just type in your password as usual.
If you then get an error message, use the "copy and paste" option to tell us about it.

If you want to get really flash, put
at the start of any error message in your reply, and at the end