PDA

View Full Version : New DVD Nightly Build Is Now Available.

kevpan815
September 21st, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hey Guys, Just Wanted 2 Let You Guys Know That The First Ubuntu 8.10 Post Alpha 6 DVD Nightly Build Is Now Available at http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/.

kevpan815
September 21st, 2008, 05:31 PM
P.S. It Is Downloading At About 700-800 KBPS On My Comcast High Speed Internet Connection, So It Will Be At Least 1 Hour Before My DVD Download Is Completed.

psyke83
September 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM
Is it really necessary to test the DVD nightly build at this stage? If the ISO team made an announcement & are looking to squash bugs with that image, that's great, otherwise it's just going to waste bandwidth (and the torrent isn't available, so it's not possible to ease the load).

Gina
September 21st, 2008, 07:40 PM
I can't really see much advantage in downloading the DVD - any extra software you might want can easily be downloaded later. The only advantage of the DVD I can see is if you're ordering by post due to having a slow net connection. But maybe someone can tell me why they want to download the DVD - I may have missed something. (It would take four hours plus for me.)

kevpan815
September 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
Let me Tell You This Guys, I Got The 09/20/2008 DVD All Downloaded, Burned 2 DVD, And Installed, And Already I Have Found Several Things That Are Now Broken That Were Not Broken In Alpha 6, Just FYI. 4 Example: The Gnome Desktop Installer Is Now Completely Broken Unless You Boot 2 Live CD 1st And Then Install From Live CD, Just FYI.