PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] When booting ubuntu from disk it says my bios misses cutoff 2000 (1999)

Pascal11110
September 21st, 2008, 02:09 AM
When I insert the ubuntu disk and boot from it, before it gets to the screen where it asks me if I want to try it or install it, it says that my bios misses the cutoff date 2000(1999) I checked the date and time settings, and they are correct. It has windows 2000 on the hard drive, and I do not know the password, so if I need to update bios, I am up the creek without a paddle. Any help would be greatly appreciated on what to do.

If I try to keep going and install ubuntu I get an error screen with many things going very fast on it after the bar bounces around for about 10 minutes.

Hospadar
September 21st, 2008, 02:25 AM
The bios date doesn't have anything to do with the clock, what it's looking for is the bios release date to decide whether or not to try and use certain features. I sort of doubt that's the problem, because you can boot of bioses that don't make the cutoff, but you might want to try going to your manufacturers website and get a bios update. Make sure you know how to do it before you flash your bios, because there is the possibility to damage your hardware with an improper bios flash.

user11
January 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Try the CD integrity test. Sounds like a bad burn. Don't worry about the BIOS.