PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] Thunderbird

k33bz
September 21st, 2008, 01:55 AM
I dont know what I am doing, I need to configure Thunderbird to retreive and send email from 3 yahoo accounts and if possible one hotmail account.
and webmail is not a viable option, It cant be used with the version of Firefox I am using. Version 3.0.1

lisati
September 21st, 2008, 01:58 AM
Unless you are using something like Mozilla's "Seamonkey" software (which combines a browser and email) I don't see why you can't have different versions of Thunderbird and Firefox - unless I'm mistaken, Thunderbird and Firefox operate independently of one another.
All the versions of Thunderbird (both Windows and Linux) I've used have the capability of accessing multiple emaikl accounts.

k33bz
September 21st, 2008, 02:01 AM
Unless you are using something like Mozilla's "Seamonkey" software (which combines a browser and email) I don't see why you can't have different versions of Thunderbird and Firefox - unless I'm mistaken, Thunderbird and Firefox operate independently of one another.
All the versions of Thunderbird (both Windows and Linux) I've used have the capability of accessing multiple emaikl accounts.
Im not using seamonkey. When I went to add Webmail, it said it wasnt compatiable with my version of Firefox, and wouldnt let me install it.

drubin
September 21st, 2008, 02:38 AM
I have thunderbird configured for 7email accounts at work... runs perfectly.

I am not 100% sure if Yahoo supports client email access but if it does then Thunderbird is great lightweight.

frankleeee
September 21st, 2008, 04:07 AM
I have thunderbird configured for 7email accounts at work... runs perfectly.

I am not 100% sure if Yahoo supports client email access but if it does then Thunderbird is great lightweight.

You can't access email in the free basic yahoo email, but you can install Yahoo Mail Notifier in Firefox add ons

k33bz
September 21st, 2008, 04:08 AM
You can't access email in the free basic yahoo email, but you can install Yahoo Mail Notifier in Firefox add ons

is that including ypops?

frankleeee
September 21st, 2008, 04:17 AM
is that including ypops?

I am not familiar with ypops but a short search brought up this wikipedia. I contacted yahoo about a year ago about this and they confirmed no access to the basic account, but I don't know if this has been bypassed with a program other then the Firefox add-on. The 1st tier of paid yahoo email which is like 20$ or so per year will allow access as far as I know, which isn't much. I just use the add-on which notifies you when your browser is open.

mc4100
September 21st, 2008, 04:20 AM
I don't think there's POP access to a free Hotmail account either. You could set them up to forward to a GMail account which works perfectly with Thunderbird (or and POP/IMAP client).

k33bz
September 22nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
Couldnt find a resolution,so I just changed all my email addys to gmail.