PDA

View Full Version : Petition to stop sticky proliferation

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 08:23 PM
The proliferation of stickies is a big problem. It must stop!

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I didn't really understand...
Are you implying to stickies which get replies?

pp.
September 20th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I don't understand the problem. Stickies are the most invisible part of the forum. Nobody ever reads a sticky. Best place to hide state secrets in.

brunovecchi
September 20th, 2008, 08:31 PM
... and you are trying to stop it by posting another sticky? I'm confused.

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 08:36 PM
i don't understand the problem. Stickies are the most invisible part of the forum. Nobody ever reads a sticky. Best place to hide state secrets in.

+1

Dr Small
September 20th, 2008, 08:39 PM
The profileration of stickies is a big problem. It must stop!
What is that?

pp.
September 20th, 2008, 08:44 PM
On the other hand, I might have misread the OP. What's a profile-ration ?

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM
On the other hand, I might have misread the OP. What's a profile-ration ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proliferation

Still it makes not much sense to me...

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Not one person who acknowledged the joke...

Well, it was funny to me. :-)

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 08:51 PM

I still dont get the joke...

kevdog
September 20th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Stop the stickies NOW!!!! (Or I might hurt myself).

steeleyuk
September 20th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I think LaRozas' drunk... :-)

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I think LaRozas' drunk... :-)

Borgs drink?

pp.
September 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Bruno appeared to have spotted the inconsistency. I myself answered with another self defeating post. Please consider the joke appreciated.

What I'm still trying to puzzle out: is the inconsistent spelling of the long and difficult p-word in the thread's title and the OP accidential?

kavon89
September 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/P3Shinobi/1192392913251.jpg

LaRoza just trolled everyone. :P

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Bruno appeared to have spotted the inconsistency. I myself answered with another self defeating post. Please consider the joke appreciated.

What I'm still trying to puzzle out: is the inconsistent spelling of the long and difficult p-word in the thread's title and the OP accidential?

I knew you'd get it :-)

Yes, I have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud's_disease and it is "cold", (meaning, nice temperature for everyone else, but low enough to make my hands hard to use)

danbuter
September 20th, 2008, 09:05 PM
This thread should be stickied.

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 09:06 PM
This thread should be stickied.

It was actually stickied for some time...

danbuter
September 20th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I didnt' bother reading it until it was un-stickied.

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I still dont get the joke...

I don't get it either.

Yes, I have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud's_disease and it is "cold", (meaning, nice temperature for everyone else, but low enough to make my hands hard to use)

I'm confused, how is this related?

pp.
September 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM

That was to explain the profileration of certain expressions within the thread.

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I don't get it either.

Confusion is rampant today ;)

I made a sticky (this thread). I have since unstickied it.

As for how that is related, I mangled the word "proliferation" in my post because of my trouble typing.

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Confusion is rampant today ;)

And that's not always a bad thing.

I made a sticky (this thread). I have since unstickied it.

Starting to make sense. It would've been easier to notice if it was left stickied, becoming ironic.

As for how that is related, I mangled the word "proliferation" in my post because of my trouble typing.

How'd you spell it the first time?

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I STILL CANT GET it.

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I STILL CANT GET it.

See what you started LaRoza? She/He/It (whatever) made the thread stickied to begin with, and she mispelled proliferation.

pp.
September 20th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I STILL CANT GET it.

It was a self-referential thread. A bit like "Ceci n'est pas une pipe". The affair of the mispelt word was a bycatch.

And this is not a post, BTW.

clanky
September 20th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I never read sticky threads, the only one I have ever bothered with is the recent OMGPP one and I only noticed that because it was referenced in a real thread.

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM
It was a self-referential thread. A bit like "Ceci n'est pas une pipe". The affair of the mispelt word was a bycatch.

And this is not a post, BTW.

Yes but what has that disease to with this...

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 09:27 PM

She has Raynaud's Disease which makes it hard for her to type, as a result she mispelt profileration.

pp.
September 20th, 2008, 09:29 PM

I pulled her leg about writing a word in the OP differently from how she wrote it in the title. Which she explained by her difficulty typing due to subpar blood supply to the digits, if I am making myself clear.

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I pulled her leg about writing a word in the OP differently from how she wrote it in the title.

How'd she spell it the first time?

Canis familiaris
September 20th, 2008, 09:34 PM
How'd she spell it the first time?

profileration I think...

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 09:35 PM
That was to explain the profileration of certain expressions within the thread.

I spelled it like that.

Starting to make sense. It would've been easier to notice if it was left stickied, becoming ironic.

Quite.

How'd you spell it the first time?
See above.

I STILL CANT GET it.
That is all right.

kevdog
September 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
For more info regarding Raynaud's disease vs phenomena, I would visit the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

FuturePilot
September 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
The amount of confusion in this thread. :|

pp.
September 20th, 2008, 09:41 PM
it is "cold"

Sorry to hear that. Is there any chance of improvement or do you just have to resign yourself to wearing mittens while surfing the web?

earthpigg
September 20th, 2008, 09:44 PM
close this troll thread, please, and ban the OP.

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 09:45 PM
The amount of confusion in this thread. :|

I know eh?

Sorry to hear that. Is there any chance of improvement or do you just have to resign yourself to wearing mittens while surfing the web?

I had to wear mittens once.

close this troll thread, please, and ban the OP.

Isn't LaRoza a moderator? Also why? How is this a troll thread?

Warning Bad Joke Iminent:

Maybe she's cold blooded. ;-)

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 10:02 PM

No chance of improvement I think. I have been like this since I was a kid.

Wearing mittens and gloves really doesn't help, as my hands can't keep the goves or mittens warm (so they are only good while they are warm, less than 10 minutes usually).

It isn't a big problem. Mostly an annoyance, albeit, painful at times.

Warning Bad Joke Iminent:

Maybe she's cold blooded. ;-)

That is technical not true (my fingers are bloodless), but it is a good joke.

Dr Small
September 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM

I have that same thing.

Kingsley
September 20th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I guess I take back all the angry thoughts I had whenever I shake a cold hand.

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Wearing mittens and gloves really doesn't help, as my hands can't keep the goves or mittens warm (so they are only good while they are warm, less than 10 minutes usually).

Have you tried battery powered or chemical based heat? I don't remember the name of the product, but in the commercial there's a black man wearing this thing around his back to releive back pain, and he starts dancing. Shaquille O'Neal is in another commercial for the same product.

That is technical not true (my fingers are bloodless), but it is a good joke.

I didn't want to make it sound like I'm making a joke at your expense.

Btw Kingsley's sig: lol.

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I have that same thing.
Fun, isn't it?

I didn't want to make it sound like I'm making a joke at your expense.

It isn't a big thing.

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM
It isn't a big thing.

Okee dokee.

Dr Small
September 20th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Fun, isn't it?

Oh, I wouldn't call it that. I absolutely love cold weather, besides this factor. I get it in my toes and fingers pretty bad. It seems that some of my relatives have it also. It doesn't matter how many gloves or socks I wear, my fingers and toes turn white. (It even happens at times at 40F...)

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Oh, I wouldn't call it that. I absolutely love cold weather, besides this factor. I get it in my toes and fingers pretty bad. It seems that some of my relatives have it also. It doesn't matter how many gloves or socks I wear, my fingers and toes turn white. (It even happens at times at 40F...)

Ah, that isn't so bad. I like cold weather also, but I typically only get it in my hands (at least, I don't notice it elsewhere, because I don't require much dexterity in my feet).

Only turn white? Mine turn white, then blue (really), then bright red (which hurts). It happens around when it is warmer than. It is 67 now, and it is making it hard to type.

mc4100
September 20th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Genuine Raynaud's disease question (Wikipedia didn't help);
Does it actually make you feel cold (presumably from the lack of circulating warm blood due to vasoconstriction), or does that mean you still feel fine, yet simply appear as though look cold (like white fingers from lack of oxygen due to lesser circulation)?

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 10:48 PM
What about this: http://www.icyhot.com/

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Genuine Raynaud's disease question (Wikipedia didn't help);
Does it actually make you feel cold (presumably from the lack of circulating warm blood due to vasoconstriction), or does that me you still feel fine, yet simply appear as though look cold?

It feels cold.

Humans are usually 97-99 degrees. Anything lower requires the body to keep itself warm. Most humans don't find 70 degrees cold, but in reality, it is quite cold. An active person wearing clothes won't notice though.

In Raynaud's, the same biological responses that normal people have are enhanced. So instead of slowing blood flow, it stops it. So, at 60-70 degrees, my hands are cold to touch. Below 65 makes them quite sluggish (what a normal person might feel if it were freezing out I think, based on how I see people respond to coldness).

mc4100
September 20th, 2008, 10:57 PM
It feels cold.

Humans are usually 97-99 degrees. Anything lower requires the body to keep itself warm. Most humans don't find 70 degrees cold, but in reality, it is quite cold. An active person wearing clothes won't notice though.

In Raynaud's, the same biological responses that normal people have are enhanced. So instead of slowing blood flow, it stops it. So, at 60-70 degrees, my hands are cold to touch. Below 65 makes them quite sluggish (what a normal person might feel if it were freezing out I think, based on how I see people respond to coldness).
Which of course must be in degrees Fahrenheit, as otherwise, well, most humans would be dead, (36.8 C). I'd never heard of it before, so I think it could be interesting to look into (no mention of where it starts in Wikipedia, Biology tells me the Hypothalamus might be a good starting point for googling, so I'll spend some type brushing up and searching).

Dr Small
September 20th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Only turn white?

No. They become a stinging cold. I have never let them get past white, so I wouldn't know if they turn blue :O It was really bad when I was out hiking in the snow, and my feet feel like numb knots (while stinging) and my fingers can barely hang on to the stick I am carrying.

I then go into the Barn with the woodstove blowing some nice 80-100F heat out, and slowly bring them back to red. Meanwhile, they sting very horrid.

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Which of course must be in degrees Fahrenheit, as otherwise, well, most humans would be dead, (36.8 C). I'd never heard of it before, so I think it could be interesting to look into (no mention of where it starts in Wikipedia, Biology tells me the Hypothalamus might be a good starting point for googling, so I'll spend some type brushing up and searching).

Well, yeah. I don't know where or why it happens.

No. They become a stinging cold. I have never let them get past white, so I wouldn't know if they turn blue :O It was really bad when I was out hiking in the snow, and my feet feel like numb knots (while stinging) and my fingers can barely hang on to the stick I am carrying.

I then go into the Barn with the woodstove blowing some nice 80-100F heat out, and slowly bring them back to red. Meanwhile, they sting very horrid.

I was referring to colour. I get purple and blue quite often. In fact, that is how it was found. I was having a doctor checkup when I was 15-16 and the MA noticed it (note, I was inside).

Barn? You must not live in a city :-) I usually get myself a Pentium 4 and then... never mind. I usually warm them on my own body (keep them close)

Jordanwb
September 20th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Yes this thread has been stickied!!! Irony win!

FuturePilot
September 20th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Barn? You must not live in a city :-) I usually get myself a Pentium 4 and then... never mind.

A Pentium 4 HT @ 3.4 GHz makes a nice heater. ;)

LaRoza
September 20th, 2008, 11:31 PM
A Pentium 4 HT @ 3.4 GHz makes a nice heater. ;)

I have Raynaud's disease, not fire proof hands ;)

Dr Small
September 21st, 2008, 12:39 AM
Barn? You must not live in a city :-)

Righto! I couldn't stand city-life. ;)

lukjad007
October 30th, 2008, 06:32 PM
The proliferation of stickies is a big problem. It must stop!
HA! Very funny. We should sticky this.

LaRoza
October 30th, 2008, 06:34 PM
HA! Very funny. We should sticky this.

It was stickied back when there were around 8 stickies in the Cafe.

FuturePilot
October 30th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I see this petition must have worked? It looks so odd without all the stickies.

lukjad007
October 30th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Well, it's high time it was re-stickied.