PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] SElinux alternative

Shippou
September 20th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Since this application does not work in my computer, what do you think is a better alternative?

When I installed SElinux, it removed a program starting with the letter "g". I cannot remember though.

hansdown
September 20th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Hi Shippou.

Was it gnome that was removed?

I don't know alot about selinux, but hope this will help you.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=SElinux+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

Locutus_of_Borg
September 20th, 2008, 02:38 AM
you dont need an alternative to selinux

you should not be using selinux

k33bz
September 20th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Since this application does not work in my computer, what do you think is a better alternative?

When I installed SElinux, it removed a program starting with the letter "g". I cannot remember though.

Might be a dumb question, but are you sayin SELinux does not work on your computer?

Shippou
September 20th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Sorry for the late reply.

I just want to try SElinux, so I installed it. I heard it's a great app.

SElinux didn't remove gnome. It was something like growisoft, but I can't remember the name.

SElinux does not work on my computer because there are no indicators that it is working. Also, the CLI when I boot via recovery mode cannot mount the selinux partition, as it says.

Also, I had problems with selinux. After installation, it prompted me to reboot. When I rebooted, I cannot normally boot my computer, for it stops displaying the initramfs prompt. As a workaround, I have to boot in recovery mode all the time.

Can anyone help me fix this?