View Full Version : [ubuntu] When playing games, cursor appears and windows restores!? HELP?

September 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Hi guys,
I've gotta very very very annoying problem here so any help is much appreciated! :) Basically when i play a game after some time the window sort of restores (if its maximized), the cursor appears and i lose control of the game if you know what I mean cos it's kinda hard to explain. It's like sort of the game window becomes unselected sort of. Why is this happening and what can I do to stop this happening?:confused: Hope you understand what the prob is.

Again, any help is extremely appreciated,

Thanks in advance

September 19th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Right click on the desktop, hit Change Background, then go to the Visual Effects tab and turn them off.

I get the same issue all the time, and once I do that, the games and other full screen apps run fine.

September 19th, 2008, 06:20 PM
It sounds like the window goes from being topped to not topped. Does this seem to happen at any regular interval. My first guess would be a screen saver trying to load.

September 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Regular intervals...hmm i dunno, but ill try turn off the screensaver and see what happens....I'll get back to you in like 15 mins...

September 19th, 2008, 06:39 PM
alright guys i think the problems gone, i turned off the screensaver...I'm not going to mark this threead as solved just as yet though just in case the problem crops up again