PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Skype with Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX

rchar66
September 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I've got Skype working with my Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX on 8.04 without any problems except for something weird happening.

Once in a while, the picture will freeze, my picture that is being sent out from my camera. After about ten to fifteen seconds, the picture is find except for it being zoomed in slightly.

Zooming isn't even really possible with my webcam, like some of the other Logitech webcams.

It seems that the easiest and quickest way to fix it is to just stop and re-start the video from my camera and then everything is fine.

Has anybody else seen this or know what is causing it?

Blyzzard
October 27th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I'm also having this problem but it doesn't stop there...

in the video window, the buttons are still there, but they become invisible, so I have to guess the position of the one that I have to click to disable/re-enable my video

also the person I'm talking to (using the built-in webcam on her laptop) shrinks to 1/4 the size of the video window... (1/2 vertical and 1/2 horizontal size).

Incredibly frustrating to have to restart MY video - but asking her to restart hers the whole time - is not only frustrating me.

Now I'm not promoting the "other" operating system on my dual-boot machine, but the video works just fin on that OS in skype with our cameras.

An answer to this problem would be greatly appreciated..

Jim

Merk42
December 1st, 2008, 04:33 AM
I'm having an issue with Skype
My Cam works in 8.10 with aMSN and Cheese, but not Camorama or more importantly Skype.