PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Volume Control on Toshiba Satellite (need help)

CompCrash
September 19th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Well, I have been getting very annoyed because some reason Toshiba thought is was a good idea to put a volume wheel on the front of the laptop. Anyway my problem is always hit it and it gets very annoying cause it changes the volume +/- 12-13% and that is a big difference when I'm doing anything.

Well this is what i was hoping to do, I want to be able to either, change the amount that it +/- to the volume, disable the wheel from working, and/or change it to different keys.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527, I don't know what else you need to know but help me find it and I will do what I can.

CompCrash
September 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM
*bump*

Toshibawarrior
November 20th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Go to System>Preferences>Keyboard Shortcuts and change the "Volume up" and "Volume down" values to other keys..I have the exact same laptop, and I haven't found a way to control the amount of +/- volume, but you can assign it to different keys.

john183
November 20th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I have a toshiba satellite laptop also. Unfortunately i can tell you that the wheel cannot be disabled. it is hardwired into the motherboard, and is similar to the volume controls on an old sony cassette walkman or the volume control on a set of headphones. it is wired in between the output on the motherboard and the speakers/headphone jack. i guess that if you are good with a soldering iron and wanted to open the computer and replace it with a wire or something it could be done, but that's the only way i know of.