PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A truly themable GDM?

mc4100
September 19th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Is there anyway to theme the login screen -- I mean really theme it, widgets and all?
Now, it seems just to be the surface (theme with face browser), that is a result of using the Login Window dialog to change theme, but, upon clicking the (so gorgeously themed) Shut Down, etc., buttons, the ugly theme that you see when root apps haven't been themed-properly pops-up, asking if I really-meant-to-do-that and sort-of ruins any demo one might be showing.
Up 'till now I've just considered this a feature of GDM which has simply been absent, but I've never thoroughly researched it.
Is there any workaround (am I missing anything), or am I just stuck with the horrible greyness indefinitely?

nowshining
September 19th, 2008, 04:39 AM
u could theme roots apps, just copy ur .themes folder to /root/ and ur done.. :) ie: so when u sudo, etc.. it should look the same as your home theme..

mc4100
September 19th, 2008, 04:41 AM
u could theme roots apps, just copy ur .themes folder to /root/ and ur done.. :) ie: so when u sudo, etc.. it should look the same as your home theme..
No, root apps look just fine; I symlinked /root/.themes to my home directory just after I installed and began customizing. ;) The issue is with an incomplete theming of the log-in window.

nowshining
September 19th, 2008, 04:43 AM
No, root apps look just fine; I symlinked /root/.themes to my home directory just after I installed and began customizing. ;) The issue is with an incomplete theming of the log-in window.

ah! nice, I never even thought of that... :)