PDA

View Full Version : A few custom fields that should be in profiles

Ms_Angel_D
September 19th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I was thinking it would be nice to see a persons computer specs when looking at their profile. Maybe a few custom fields such as

Video Card
CPU
Amount of Memory
Whether your install is Wubi or not

Or maybe just one textarea for this information.

Just a thought,

Angel

cyberdork33
September 19th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I was thinking it would be nice to see a persons computer specs when looking at their profile. Maybe a few custom fields such as

Video Card
CPU
Amount of Memory
Whether your install is Wubi or not

Just a thought,

Angel
What if I have more than one computer?

schauerlich
September 19th, 2008, 04:39 AM

Then you should give it to me.

Ms_Angel_D
September 19th, 2008, 05:26 AM

Hence the last comment I made

LookTJ
September 20th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Hardware Information? I would support that, but the admins need to fix the AIM field. it's screwed because it doesn't do emails. AIM let people use emails as aim screen names.

hyper_ch
September 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
you can put your hardware info in the sig... I don't see much use for that...

Ms_Angel_D
September 20th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Yes but most people don't however if they we're presented with a field to enter that information, they would be more likely to do so.

Dr Small
September 21st, 2008, 01:58 AM
Yes but most people don't however if they we're presented with a field to enter that information, they would be more likely to do so.
Let's pretend there is a little field where users can enter their hardware information, if they so choose. Now, we reveal the name of this little field! It's called..... "The Signature" :)

Ms_Angel_D
September 21st, 2008, 03:04 AM
I'm talking about a designated specific field, and leaving signatures to be used for what they are supposed to be used for a personal little spot with personal information attached to posts.

billgoldberg
September 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM
I really don't care what computers people are using.

This feature however could come in handy when providing help in the help forums.

But then again, most newcomers most likely won't provide those details or provide false/incomplete info.