PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB Connector Problem

greenco
September 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and I am still looking for a solution to my USB connector problem. I have removed windows from my desktop PC and replaced it with Ubuntu. I have a USB mouse and keyboard that works flawlessly. I also have a USB CH yoke and rudder pedals that are giving me a problem. I am using this work around to get them to work.

1. When I log out and turn my computer off for the night, I have to unplug the yoke and rudder pedals.

2. The next day when I boot my computer and it loads the desktop, I have to plug the yoke and rudder pedals into the USB connections.

3. If I use this procedure, the CH controllers are recognized by Ubuntu and are usable.

4. If I leave them plugged in, when I shut down the computer, and then re-boot, they are not usable.

Do I need to load additional drivers or files? Why does the mouse and keyboard work OK, but the controllers don't?

Are there any terminal commands that I can run to help me find the problem? At this rate I am afraid that I am going to wear out the plugs!!!
Thanks