PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Good Keyboard/Mouse Combination

Unanimated
September 18th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I really have no idea where else to put this thread, so I'm putting it here. Mods, feel free to move this. I really don't need to say that, because I know you'll probably move it anyway whether I say that or not.

Problems are popping up with my current keyboard and mouse combination, and I decided that I want to put that bluetooth dongle that I recently bought into good use, so I'm looking for a good, cheap (but not too cheap), bluetooth compatible keyboard and mouse combination. Thanks in advance.

Unanimated
September 19th, 2008, 01:32 AM
bump..

Unanimated
September 19th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Rhubarb
September 19th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I don't think it's possible to get a bluetooth mouse / keyboard for under $40.
Many bluetooth keyboards and mice come with a usb bluetooth stick too.

All I can personally recommend is logitech, but I have no recent experience with any bluetooth logitech / other branded products.

motherofnone
September 19th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I am a newbie with Ubuntu, and linux. I am having trouble with a (previously under xp) "Logitech Bluetooth Elite Cordless Desktop" basically a MX900 mouse and a rather pleasant bluetooth keyboard. It works like a champ other than the keys chew up batteries inside 2 weeks where previously I was able to go about 6 months with no replacement (again, under xp).

Of course logitech will not support the desktop without having "setpoint" loaded and of course there is no linux "setpoint" software. Bluetooth Manager is the only thing so far, and it frankly doesn't give me enough info about what kind of back and forth is happening. Typing on this p.o.s. wire keyboard is angering me greatly. the keys are too close and my fat fingers....

I have had much trouble finding help specific to my set, but Logitech diNovo seems to be the only one everybody has with Ubuntu.

Unanimated
September 21st, 2008, 12:58 AM
In that case, any bluetooth keyboard/mouse combination.