PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Where did my 'thanks' go?

PocketDog
September 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I had five and now I've got four. I've searched to no avail. A trivial and possibly pointless question, I know - but being Linux users yourselves you'll understand the burning curiosity felt when you want to know why something that happened, happened ;). I assume someone's account was deleted? I can't imagine that someone decided that my reply was less than helpful after all(!) :-D

philinux
September 18th, 2008, 06:05 PM
):P Yes you can remove your thanks. Maybe they thanked you by accident. anyway you got your 5 back now.

anotherdisciple
September 18th, 2008, 06:06 PM
It's also possible that the thread was moved to the cafe or some place that you can't use thank you's

aysiu
September 18th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I believe if someone thanks you and then you edit your post afterwards, the thanks will disappear.

anotherdisciple
September 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Weird! I wonder why? I am guessing it's so that people know that the user actually thanked exactly what was written... that way noone trusts bad advice?

philinux
September 18th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I believe if someone thanks you and then you edit your post afterwards, the thanks will disappear.

Dont know about that but check the screen print. I can remove my thanks.

aysiu
September 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Dont know about that but check the screen print. I can remove my thanks.
Oh, but that's your own thanks.

I was saying you can remove a thanks someone made to your post if you edit your own post.