PDA

View Full Version : How do I disable friend and social group invitations?

aysiu
September 17th, 2008, 06:55 PM
As a follow-up to my previous thread about declining social group invitations, I was wondering if there's some option I'm missing to just disable invitations and friend requests altogether.

I like many of the people I've "met" here on the forums, but I have enough social networking going on that I don't want to have to deal with more friend requests. Can I just disable them? Same deal with social groups.

LaRoza
September 17th, 2008, 06:58 PM
As a follow-up to my previous thread about declining social group invitations, I was wondering if there's some option I'm missing to just disable invitations and friend requests altogether.

I like many of the people I've "met" here on the forums, but I have enough social networking going on that I don't want to have to deal with more friend requests. Can I just disable them? Same deal with social groups.

It is handy to have friend requests accepted on this forum in case you ever restrict PM's to friends and contacts only.

aysiu
September 17th, 2008, 07:08 PM
It is handy to have friend requests accepted on this forum in case you ever restrict PM's to friends and contacts only.
I'm not asking to get rid of friend requests for everyone.

I just want the option in the User CP to have them disabled for me.

LaRoza
September 17th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I'm not asking to get rid of friend requests for everyone.

I just want the option in the User CP to have them disabled for me.

I know. I am just pointing out there is an advantage to accepting them.

I have accepted every single one because of the possibility I may someday restrict PM's to friends only.

Technically, I don't think you can.

drubin
September 18th, 2008, 01:51 AM
I know. I am just pointing out there is an advantage to accepting them.

I have accepted every single one because of the possibility I may someday restrict PM's to friends only.

Would limit the amount of support/spam you get.