PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Forums Legend

anotherdisciple
September 17th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Legend says that if you get 3,500 posts... you can change your title to whatever you want. Can someone snopes.com this for me?

At the rate I'm going... I'll need about 8 years before I can change my title to anything.

Canis familiaris
September 17th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Yes you need 3500+ for custom title.

Northsider
September 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I'll never get there, I only post in the cafe :-p

god0fgod
September 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM
If only I get more problems.

forrestcupp
September 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
If you aren't having any more problems, try going to the support forums to help people. You'd be surprised at how many requests are simple enough for fairly new people to help with.

Northsider
September 17th, 2008, 06:17 PM
If you aren't having any more problems, try going to the support forums to help people. You'd be surprised at how many requests are simple enough for fairly new people to help with.
Sometimes I try that, but often I jump in after 5 or 6 people have already responded.

anotherdisciple
September 17th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah... I have found quite a few questions that I know how to answer, but someone else has answered it the same way I would. I try not to clutter up the forums just to say the same thing someone else said.

Every once in a while I will give a +1 to a reply that I think is solid.

god0fgod
September 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM

I'm afraid I'll blow their PC up or something lol. I may give that a go though.

overdrank
September 17th, 2008, 07:08 PM
You may also try and help with the unanswered post that slip by. If you do not know the answer you can help search and possibly post the links that can help and learn some new things in the process. This is what I did for a long time and still do. :)

Joeb454
September 17th, 2008, 10:58 PM
3,500 doesn't take that long to get. I never thought I'd get 3,500 posts but I did. Then they asked me to be a mod, so it didn't matter anyway :p