PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] add torrents ?

eric489
September 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Hi all !

Since i've switched to kubuntu, i got ktorrentz.
But I allready had deluge from gnome.

Some torrents are still running on deluge ( only uploads ), and some i've added to ktorrent.

I'd like to "sum them up", or to make all torrentz run under one program.
Is it possible ?
Can i take the upload running under deluge and add them to ktorrent, so they can continie uploading ? If yes how ?

Many thanks in advance.

Harisz750
September 15th, 2008, 08:27 PM
just download again the torrent file from the site... tell ktorrent to open it and choose to save data in the same folder your torrent data is.. for example if it is a movie... see where this movie is stored... and choose to be stored again in the same folder.. ktorrent will make a check, and then it will start seeding again

eric489
September 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM
just download again the torrent file from the site... tell ktorrent to open it and choose to save data in the same folder your torrent data is.. for example if it is a movie... see where this movie is stored... and choose to be stored again in the same folder.. ktorrent will make a check, and then it will start seeding again

Thanks.
Does it work for any type of file ?

Harisz750
September 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM
yes

lovinglinux
September 15th, 2008, 09:28 PM
You don't have to download all .torrent files again. All you need is to know where Deluge saved the .torrent files and add them to ktorrent.

If you still have the ability to open Deluge, open it and go to [Edit > Preferences] and look the directory specified in the "Store all torrent files in". Open that directory and copy the .torrent files somewhere else and open them in ktorrent and follow the procedure explained by Harisz750.

kostkon
September 15th, 2008, 09:39 PM
You don't have to download all .torrent files again. All you need is to know where Deluge saved the .torrent files and add them to ktorrent.

If you still have the ability to open Deluge, open it and go to [Edit > Preferences] and look the directory specified in the "Store all torrent files in". Open that directory and copy the .torrent files somewhere else and open them in ktorrent and follow the procedure explained by Harisz750.
Indeed. Deluge saves the torrent files in

~/.config/deluge/torrentfiles

lovinglinux
September 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Indeed. Deluge saves the torrent files in

~/.config/deluge/torrentfiles

By default, if he didn't choose another place.

kostkon
September 15th, 2008, 10:00 PM
By default, if he didn't choose another place.
Yes. I forgot to specify this.

Harisz750
September 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
you are right... i just use vuze and don't save torrents.. hehehe