PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot lock version in synaptic, always try to update

askander
September 15th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hi, I downloaded a deb package (tora) and I installed it, but since then the update manager always send me the "updates available" message asking me to install the tora package of the repositories, and I don't want to do that because I need the oracle support found in the .deb I installed. I've read somewhere that I can enable the "lock version" option in synaptic, but so far it doesn't work.

What can I do? this message is not only annoying but I'm afraid I accidentally replace tora and I lose my version.

Thanks in advance...

Peter09
September 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM
You should be able to go to synaptic package manager and select the package you wish to lock. From there go to the 'Package' menu on the tool bar and use the 'Lock' option displayed.

acidsolution
September 15th, 2008, 05:42 PM
well try opening synaptic with administrative privileges and than
choose the package you want to lock
than click on Package -> Lock version
the package is locked :)

it should work and works perfectly for me

askander
September 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Well, I actually locked the package already, maybe I wasn't clear, sorry, my bad... the thing is, I locked the version in the synaptic manager, but I still get the "update available" message.
That's my problem... :(

Peter09
September 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Check that the version that you have locked in synaptic is the same one that you have installed.

askander
September 16th, 2008, 09:19 PM
yeah is the same version, ubuntu seems to prefer better the packages of the reports, as a matter of fact, when I was installing the deb package, the installer told me that version already existed in the repositories, that I should install that instead.